Happy Spring! As we welcome the change in seasons, we also welcome the many families and individuals seeking a new place to call home. If you have a home or property on the market, now is an excellent time to prepare for all the Summer excitement.
Here at Huneycutt Realtors, we are eager to assist you in the process of preparing and selling your home, in any way that we can. In addition to the many other tools we have available on our site, we’ve created our Spring Cleaning Tips for Sellers. These tips are sure to attract homebuyers and will save you time and money in the long run. If you have any questions, contact one of our Clarksville Tennessee realtors right away!
Spring Cleaning Tips
Perhaps the most important part of selling your home, is selling the outside of your home. You may have the most immaculate home on the block, but if there are trash cans overflowing, and tall weeds growing all over the yard, you’ll surely scare your buyers away before they can even make it past the front door. Your property’s outdoor appeal can often dictate a potential home buyers decision. In order to attract buyers, make sure your property is in tip-top shape.
- Mow the lawn and weed whack around the edges
- Pick up any garbage that is laying around
- Wash your trash cans/purchase new ones
- Hang flower baskets from your porch, or plant a few bright plants/flowers
- Replace/update any old outdoor fixtures including your mailbox (a fresh coat of paint can go a long way!)
- Re-stain the deck (buyers love knowing that they won’t have to deal with any upkeep upon moving in)
- Paint! If you can afford to, repaint your home with fresh, modern colors. This can be a game changer in selling your home
Let the Sun Shine
Make sure to clean your windows, inside and out! Brighten up the room with new curtains/blinds.Make sure to clean your windows, inside and out! Brighten up the room with new curtains/blinds. Extra credit tip: replace heavy drapes with lightweight lightly colored shears, this will help brighten your space even further!
Sniff Out Stinky OdorsIf a buyer is touring your home and they come across a strong odor, they will take off running. Make sure your home is smelling fresh, clean, and comfortable.
- Clean out the Refrigerator, and check for standing water in the drip tray. Expert Tip: Remove any odors in your fridge by scrubbing with baking soda and water solution. To keep your fridge smelling fresh dip a cotton ball in vanilla extract or orange juice and place on the shelf before your guests/buyers arrive.
- Clean the Microwave
- Clean the Dishwasher - Boil Lemon Juice and add it to your dishwasher to get rid of any built up smells.
- Put lemon rinds down the drain for a fresh clean scent.
- Light a candle, or buy an air freshener